Welcome to Practical Primitive
Build Your Own Bow
Make Your Own Arrows
Knap Your Own Points
Be Invisible on the Landscape
Learn the True Skills of the
SPIRIT OF THE HUNT!
Beginning in September
- Putting Food By: Pickling, Canning, Fermentation, Storage & Preserves — Learn the skills you need to store and preserve your own food at home. Gardens and markets are bursting at the seams; don't miss out on the deliciousness — THIS SATURDAY! Sign Up Now!
- THIS SUNDAY: Primitive Traps: Deadfalls & Snares Made Easy — Learn more than just different kinds of traps; learn how to put the components together into any trap you want or need, using whatever you have available. Sign Up Now!
- August 19th is our final Plant Walk of the year — Join our Wild Plant Walk & Tasting, 7-9:30 p.m. to discover all the delicious, nutritious and free Wild Foods growing all around!
- WORK-TRADERS WANTED: If you've got time & willing hands we've got projects that need doing! Trade Work for Workshops this Summer!
- ACORN: RECIPES (& more) FOR THE FORGOTTEN FOOD — Our new book is NOW IN STOCK. Order your autographed copy today!
- PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL CAMOUFLAGE — Learn "The Art of Invisibility" in Eddie's new paperback. Order your autographed copy today!
- Ready to take your Skills to the next level? Join the FERAL HUMAN PROJECT! Our full-time learning program is accepting applicants!
- Practical Primitive T-shirts, DVDs, Books & More are all available through The Trading Blanket —Check it out!
- Read What Our Students Say on our "Comments" page.
- Do you "LIKE" Practical Primitive? Follow us on Facebook!
Our Passion is Teaching
We focus our small-group, hands-on, adult-only workshops on specific topics, and provide Personal Mentoring sessions on almost any aspect of Traditional and Primitive skills. Do more than just gather knowledge; work hands-on with the tools and materials that will help you to fully integrate a strong and stable repertoire of skills into your life. Taught practically and learned passionately, there need not be any distinction between "class time" and "the real world".
Our Workshops are Small
Our workshop sizes are limited to a maximum of six to ten adults, depending on the subject, so you'll get more out of your learning experience. Keeping the student-to-instructor ratio so low ensures that you will get the personalized attention you need to have your questions answered and your needs addressed. We teach in the manner that is best for you, not easiest for us. If you can't do at home what you learned in our workshops, we didn't do our job!
Our Focus is You
Small classes, Personal Mentoring, reasonable prices, weekend workshops — we have dedicated our program to providing you with the best in affordable, top-quality instruction in a wide variety of Primitive and Traditional skills. We'll even bring our Workshops to You! At Practical Primitive, our committment is to providing you with the practical means for you to master and integrate the knowledge of our shared ancestry into your modern life.
"Distance is the Enemy of Awareness"
-- J.B. Mackinnon